Personally, I like fiberglass showers and tubs over the regular acrylic or glass. They have that nice shine that cannot be paralleled by anything else. When you enter a bathroom and see a fiberglass shower, you think that is fancy. It leaves a lovely impression all over. I think that fiberglass is a lot more elegant than glass or ceramic, but then again, that’s just me.
If you are planning on getting a fiberglass shower, keep in mind that cleaning it may prove to be a nightmare at times. With the wrong cleaning product, that is. Soap scum and grime don’t care just how fancy your shower is. They will deposit anyway. And I don’t know if you have ever seen a clear fiberglass shower door covered in scum. It looks terrible. And the worst part is that the more you let it sit, the more you are going to scrub to get all that filth off. That is why you need a cleaning solution that is designed to clean that dirt with ease.
The advantages of using a fiberglass cleaner over conventional cleaning products
As you are well aware of, there is a cleaning product for virtually anything. One cleans the windows, another the dishes, the spots on the floor come off with a different cleaning solution, and so on. It’s only natural that fiberglass should have its own cleaning solution, one that is meant to do the job the best way possible. With that comes certain advantages.
- ü You don’t have to struggle every time you need that shower cleaned. Regular cleaning solutions will do the job, but not properly. Chances are you can do more damage than good. You can scrub and scrub, but the result will not show themselves. I am not saying that it will not help, but the trails that a regular cleaning solutionleaves on a fiberglass shower doors are appalling. And no matter what you do, you’ll just keep leaving trails. Whereas a fiberglass cleaner will not have that consequence. They are specially designed not to leave trails. The shower doors will look as good as new.
- ü The amount of time you spend cleaning the fiberglass shower is a lot lower than cleaning it with a regular formula. Because the fiberglass cleaner is specially made for that, the cleaning itself will take just a few minutes. All you have to do is pour the solution on the affected area or on a piece of cloth, and simply wipe it all off. It has an immediate effect, and usually, you don’t have to let it sit. There is no scrubbing involved either.
- ü You don’t have to bother concocting all sorts of homemade fiberglass cleaners. I noticed that there is a practice among people of making their own fiberglass cleaner from different substances like vinegar, baking soda, or even bleach. There is nothing wrong with it, I think, I hear they do a pretty good job. But isn’t it more convenient to use a cleaner straight from the bottle? I believe that it is. On the plus side, it’s better to use something that professionals made for a particular purpose, rather than you doing it.
What to look for in the best fiberglass shower cleaner?
Fiberglass is a highly resilient material, you cannot damage its composition easily. However, that doesn’t mean that it can survive any chemical reaction. Especially when you think about shower doors, for example. They are transparent. Any dent, any scratch or burn will be noticeable. I even saw some disaster involving some kind of white spots that turned the see-through fiberglass into an opaque white. I don’t know how that lady managed to accomplish that. Who knows what she used. But the point is that it will never happen with a fiberglass cleaner. That thing has been tested over and over again, so you know that your shower will survive it. So here is what you want from a fiberglass cleaner.
- ü It has to be nonabrasive – that is one of the most important aspects. If you use an abrasive cleaner, in time you will notice small scratches all over the shower. You may not see it after just two or three cleaning sessions, but as I said, in time, the consequences will emerge. Fiberglass is known for its sturdiness and durability, but it can still be affected by tiny scratches. Just give it some time, and you will see. But if you use a fiberglass cleaner, that will never happen. It’s specially designed to leave a glossy trail behind, not microscopic scratches.
- ü It has to contain a powerful formula – if you wanted to scrub for a while, you would have gone for a regular cleaning solution. Fortunately, fiberglass cleaners are known for their immediate effect. The ease of use it’s one of its benefits. You don’t have to let it sit. Just apply and wipe. You are done in a couple of minutes. The strong but gentle formula will remove everything from soap scum to grime in a matter of minutes. No scrubbing is required whatsoever. You only need a cloth.
- ü It should leave a glossy finish behind – that is one of the unique features that regular cleaning formulas don’t have, unlike a fiberglass cleaner. That is one of the things that make a difference. And you don’t necessarily have to wipe the area dry in order toget that glossy finish. It’s enough to rinse with water. However, if you want that gloss to last, it is recommended to wipe the area dry with paper towels or with a cloth made of microfiber. Just so you know, the glossy finish not only makes the shower look shiny, but it also proved protection when you use the shower next time.
- ü It should smell nice – vinegar, bleach, and baking soda don’t have a really sweet and fresh scent. Personally, I hate the smell of vinegar. I know it goes away eventually, but I would still rather enter the bathroom and feel as if I walked into a soap factory than standing the smell of vinegar or other nasty smelling chemicals.
What are the best fiberglass shower cleaners?
This is not a matter of taste. A fiberglass cleaner either works, or it doesn’t. One of the best ways to find that out is through reviews. Not everyone leaves one when they are satisfied with the product they bought, but almost all people leave a bad review when they are discontent. Just follow that logic, and you will see that you will eventually find the best fiberglass shower cleaner. Here are a few suggestions.
Weiman Fiberglass Cleaner for Bathrooms
With Weiman Fiberglass Cleaner you will make that shower look as good as new in no time. It removes grime, filmy residue, hard water spots and soap scum without effort. You don’t have to scrub either. Just apply the liquid on the affected areas and wipe it off with a cloth. After that, you just have to rinse, and you are done. For a glossy finish, it’s recommended that you wipe the shower with a microfiber cloth. That will prevent other spots from forming, especially if you live in an area where there’s hard water.
The cleaner from Weiman is multi-purpose. It’s not limited to showers. You can also clean bathtubs, spas, pools, vanities, sinks, tile, even boats, and RVs. As long as something is made of fiberglass, you can clean it effortlessly. You will notice that this cleaner also restores the natural color and texture of the surface you clean. It will leave a shiny trail that will satisfy you greatly.
The formula is nonabrasive, so you don’t have to worry that it will scratch the shower doors. It’s gentle with any other surface you may want to clean. Keep in mind, though, that this formula is not recommended on painted or varnished surfaces. Also, don’t use it on aluminum or magnesium wheel rims. The reason I am telling this is that some people use a similar formula for anything other than fiberglass, which may lead to damage.
From what I can see people are very satisfied with the product. Weiman Fiberglass Cleaner is very efficient, and the results are amazing. I am sure that you will be satisfied as well. Click here to read more reviews and buy on Amazon.
Bring It On Cleaner Hard Water Stain Remover
This product is not specially designed as a fiberglass cleaner, but the reason I chose to recommend it is that it can be used on fiberglass and is highly efficient. Most of the spots that deposit on fiberglass are caused by hard water. I think that you are more than familiar with those tiny tear-like white spots you see on your see-through shower doors. And that is what Bring It On Cleaner can remove.
You can use it for tile, windows, shower doors, brick and stone, sinks, and bathtubs. It’s multi-purpose, so don’t hold back. Fiberglass makes no exception. It is efficient cleaning it as it is with other surfaces. It can remove soap scum, the tiny white spots caused by hard water, it can remove hard minerals, grime, and even the rust on aluminum. There is nothing that this product cannot eliminate. The secret lies with the oxygen bleach, which is one of the primary ingredients.
The point is that you can remove almost any stain from virtually any surface around the house. There are few products on the market that are in its league. The Bring It OnCleaner has its own league when it comes to cleaning solutions. There is an entire list of things that this solution can tackle.
Even if oxygen bleach is among the primary ingredients, the Bring It On Cleaner is non-toxic. You don’t even need gloves when you use it. It has no harsh odors and is environmentally safe. You don’t have to keep your kids or pets out of the house when you use it. Just make sure that they don’t come in contact with the container, as with any other cleaning solution. Click here to read more reviews and buy on Amazon.
Biokleen M00605 Fiberglass Cleaner
This product is a little bit different than the others. It’s more of a clinging spray-on gel that is meant to increase surface penetration. It simply penetrates any type of dirt you may have to handle, and it dissolves it in a matter of seconds. It has an immediate effect, you don’t even have to scrub the surface.
Apply the gel on the surface you want to clean and wipe it thoroughly. Rinse with clean water, and you’ll notice that the area will be sparkling clean. For tougher spots, like old hard water spots, you must leave the product to sit for a while. If you do that for half an hour, the fiberglass shower will look as good as new. I read a ton of reviews in which people tried almost every product on the market, but they failed. When they purchased Biokleen, their shower was saved. It works like a charm.
Biokleen is also a multi-purpose cleaning solution. You can use it on fiberglass boats, RVs, tires and rims, props and outboards, pontoons, sinks, bathtubs, shower stalls, toilet seats and bowls, stainless steel fixtures, pools, ceramic tiles, and grout. You can use it on virtually anything. Biokleen will handle anything you want. Click here to read more reviews and buy on Amazon.
I must admit that I am a bit of a cleaning freak. All I can think about now is Bring It On Cleaner. I have never seen a product that can clean so many types of surfaces. It’s every homeowner’s dream. I love the fact that is multi-purpose, which is why I believe that this is the best fiberglass shower cleaner on the market. I strongly recommended it to all those people who have given up hope for a brand new-looking shower.
It may seem like a little thing for some, but if you have a fiberglass shower in your home, you are familiar with the struggle of cleaning and keeping it clean. It may look beautiful and fancy, but cleaning it is not a walk in the park. Which is why you need an ally. And one of the products I described above makes for a perfect one. Click here to buy on Amazon
- An Actionable Plan on Fiberglass Shower Pan in Step by Step Order
- What Every Body Is Saying About One Piece Shower Stall Is Dead Wrong and Why
- Cleaning Fiberglass Shower for Dummies
- Finding Fiberglass Shower Enclosures
- Using Fiberglass Tub Cleaner
- The Importance of Fiberglass Shower Cleaner
- The Honest to Goodness Truth on Fiberglass Shower Stalls
- Underrated Questions About Fiberglass Shower You Should Know About
- Life, Death, and Shower Fiberglass
- The Ultimate Solution for One Piece Tub Shower Units You Can Learn About Today
- All About Fiberglass Shower Floor Cleaner
- The 5-Minute Rule for Fibreglass Shower Enclosures
- The Insider Secret on Best Way to Clean a Fiberglass Tub Revealed
- The Definitive Solution for Fiberglass Shower Pan Cleaner You Can Learn About Today
- Best Way to Clean Fiberglass Shower Tips & Guide
- The Unusual Puzzle Into Fiberglass Shower Base
- The Most Ignored Fact About Best Product to Clean Fiberglass Tub Uncovered
- What Is So Fascinating About Cleaning Fiberglass Shower Floor?
- Cleaning a Fiberglass Tub – What Is It?
- Sensitive Facts About Fiberglass Cleaning That Only the Experts Know Exist
- Buying Best Cleaner for Fiberglass Shower Tub
- Things You Should Know About Best Fiberglass Cleaner
- What Absolutely Everybody Is Saying About Fiberglass Bathtub Cleaner and What You Need to Do
- Characteristics of Fiberglass Cleaner
- The Number One Article on One Piece Tub Shower
- Outrageous Best Way to Clean Fiberglass Tub Tips
- The Appeal of Best Cleaner for Fiberglass Tub
- All About One Piece Shower
- The Unadvertised Details About Cleaning Fiberglass That Most People Do Not Know About
- How to Choose Fiberglass Tub
- Definitions of Best Fiberglass Tub Cleaner
- The War Against Fiberglass Shower Inserts
- Introducing Fiberglass Bathtub
- The Pain of Fiberglass Shower Units
- Choosing Best Cleaner for Fiberglass Shower Is Simple